Music makes the world go 'round

March has nearly blown right by me (and judging by the wind outside, I'm not the only one!), but I finally got a chance to play with the awesome box of Live Loud goodies from Imaginisce. Music is kind of a big thing in our house, so when I saw all the retro cassette tapes and guitars, I had lots of ideas -- most of which I'm still working on. But I couldn't wait to post this fun little project I made for my daughter. She's learning her musical notes for piano and her piano teacher mentioned I should make her some flashcards. So I made this...


What? You don't think it looks like a set of flashcards? Ahhh, look again...


I printed the notes from this site I found (thank you, Google!), then trimmed them out and matted them to cardstock with Tombow Mono Adhesive. The note is on the front of each card and the answer is on the back.


The "book" is raw chipboard that I trimmed and covered with cardstock, using Tombow Aqua liquid glue. Then, I decorated with paper, stickers and rubons from the Imaginisce Live Loud collection.

This is one of my favorite pages. I used the "Live Loud" acrylic stamp with white ink to create the background on denim blue cardstock. Simple, but cool effect!


The "Don't Stop the Music" sticker on the cover is my not-so-subliminal message to my daughter. I hope she will stick with piano lessons as long as I did (12 years). So far so good. And the fun flashcards didn't hurt.


Special thanks to Tombow for the fantastic collection of adhesives and markers they sent to Imaginisce design team members. I've discovered some new favorite products!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

LOVE this, Robyn! What a practical and fun use of the collection. The colors are perfect!

Unknown said...

Okay, I just saw the page and card Julie Bonner posted on her blog using this line, and I thought - that's cool. I'd like to have that. And now that I see yours also, I'm thinking - I need to have that line!

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Robyn! Being a piano teacher myself I think this is a fabulous tool and use flash cards all the time - but this one rocks!!

sarah said...

this just rocks!!! :) love this mini!!! so adorable... and i love this line too.

now that you tell me you live in texas, i'm excited to meet up!

hugs,
sarah.

Unknown said...

really cute idea!

HeatherC said...

Wow this is awesome Robyn!

mustangkayla said...

What a super fun project! Being a piano player myself, this is such a great idea to help learn notes! Fabulous work!

Becky Moore said...

How adorable!

Eveline said...

Love the project and the paper. Your link for the music notes didn't work though.
Eveline.

elizabeth said...

oh.my.gosh.
i love this!
as an adult that is taking piano lessons, i my hafta make myself one as a refresher :)

Post a Comment