Another use for those recycled tins

Hello, blog friends! Today I have a fun little "step-by-step" for a quick and easy gift idea. It's a mini "brag book" that fits conveniently inside a recycled tin. Perfect to carry around in your purse and whip out each time you hear the phrase "Do you have any pictures?"

I'm using the Little Cutie collection from Imaginisce because my mini has a baby boy theme, but you could use any double-sided paper that fits your theme.

First, cut a 3" strip from your double-sided patterned paper. Then you will score it along the short side at 2".


Now flip it over and score it at 4".


Repeat this score, flip, score routine every 2" (so you will have scores at 2", 4", 6", 8" and 10"). Then fold along the score lines to create an accordion fold-out.

Next you'll want to round the corners so it will fit nicely into your tin.


Once you have everything rounded and folded, it will look something like this:


And then you're ready to embellish! I kept it simple by punching 1 1/2" squares from one of the backing sheets.


I did four of them and adhered them to the inside of the fold-out.


I added a combination of die-cuts, canvas stickers and sticker stackers to finish the look.


To give the front a little extra oomph, I used the new square Glam Rocks that work with the Imaginisce i-Rock tool. I turned them so they were shaped like diamonds instead of squares and made a border around my title block.


I finished the project by embellishing the tin with some patterned paper and stickers.

And voila! A great little gift (or something you might want to keep for yourself!)

Hope you find many uses for this fun little gift idea. Be sure and visit the Imaginisce blog today and all this week for more ideas on how to incorporate the new i-Rock accessories into your projects.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Those are very very cute! I never keep the tins... but that's a wonderful use for them!

Scrappymama Elaine said...

love it and thank you!

adele holcomb said...

Absolutely adorable!

VirgĂ­nia Vilela said...

maravilhoso!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment