Party on

It's birthday season around these parts. Between late April and mid-July, three of the four members of our household (not including the dogs) celebrate birthdays. Throw in Mother's Day, anniversary, Father's Day and Independence Day and it seems like we're partying for three months straight. I feel like Ke$ha. But with kids.

In honor of "birthday season," I created this little envelope/tag album as a display for Scrapville. The entire album is on display at the store, along with some tips and instructions.


The album itself is by Melissa Frances (it's called the Tag and Envelope album), and the papers and embellishments are from the American Crafts Confetti collection. And of course, all of these supplies are available at Scrapville.

Apologies for the bad lighting on some of these...ran out of natural light.

My intention was to scrap the photos from Cecily's latest party, but the colors weren't really working for me, so I went back to the photos from her 4th birthday and they were a perfect match.


I used Glimmer Mist on all the envelopes in colors that matched the papers to create a quick and easy background that I could layer onto. The die-cut scalloped circles are from the Nestabilities Eyelet Circles die.

I realized I would never come up with enough journaling to fill every tag (six tags with two sides each = a LOT of words), so I cut a square out of one of the envelopes to create a little frame; then I adhered the photos to the tag to show through.

For the tags, I went around the edge of each one with a Jenni Bowlin paint dabber to frame it. Then I added a ribbon "pull" with my Tiny Attacher. I layered on a square of patterned paper, then I wrote the journaling onto a spiral-bound memo pad (the kind you buy in the office supplies aisle at Target) and stuck on top.


I love the way the album came out, but I still have to find something to do with this year's birthday photos. I have some ideas...

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very cute mini album...

Amber said...

Cute mini! I love this line by AC!

Linda said...

I like how you used the glimmer mist

Post a Comment