Go Red!

Ahhh, the month of love is upon us. But February is more than paper hearts and boxes of chocolate...

February is National Heart Month, and Ella Publishing is celebrating with three days of heartfelt stories and projects leading up to National Wear Red Day on Friday, February 3. Learn more by visiting http://www.ellapublishing.com/blog.

Here's a peek at the layout I created:




The entire layout is up on the Ella blog today, so I hope you'll check it out. It's a very personal layout that deals with my struggle to lose weight -- something I haven't really talked about on this blog. I guess I've been afraid I would jinx myself or pull an Oprah and gain it all back. Which I might. But I don't think so.

The truth is: I am stronger. And not just because I created a layout that says that. I've learned some things about myself and about food that I will carry with me for a very long time. Hopefully forever.

But back to today. Or more specifically tomorrow. I have a special request for you:



Please join me tomorrow, Friday, February 3, in wearing red to bring awareness to heart disease in women. 

 Wear a red shirt, red ribbon, red lipstick, red shoes -- anything you have that's red! I know you will look FABULOUS!

Go Red for Women is a cause that is very near and dear to me. I know women that are my age or younger whose lives have been threatened or taken by heart problems. The fact is that more women die each year from heart disease than the next three causes of death COMBINED (including all forms of cancer).


I don't mean to get all Debbie Downer on you today. Just want to use any means available to make the women in my life (and that includes you, dear blog reader) more aware of their heart health. Get your check-ups, know the warning signs and take steps to live a longer life.


If you'd like more information on warning signs or how you can spread the word, visit the Go Red for Women website or "like" Go Red for Women on Facebook.



1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Just checked out you page on ellapublishing and l-o-v-e it! Love the layout, love the message, love the example you are setting for everyone.

You've inspired me. I can be STRONGER too!

Love you photo selects and your dog is adorables!

Post a Comment